Who we are: Advanced Radiology Services, serving over 20 hospitals and facilities in western and central Michigan, is one of the largest physician-owned radiology practices in the country. Our growing practice includes 143 radiologists and 25 advanced practice providers. ARS is the exclusive radiology provider to West Michigan’s largest Level I trauma center and research hospital, Spectrum Health.
What we are looking for: The Accountant will process accounts payable, manage fixed assets and prepare financial analyses as needed.
• Process accounts payable, including: review invoices, obtain electronic/manual signature approvals, assign account numbers, enter into appropriate software, sort and distribute signed checks ensure back-up documentation is electronically filed
• Analyze business related data and perform complex analysis
• Enter refund checks data into general ledger software (Multiview)
• Perform capital spending recording and reporting
• Set up and coordinate regular capital meetings with capital team
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations
• Maintain ARS provider pre-tax business expense schedules
• Address issues and questions from staff and physicians related to payables and pre-tax reimbursements
• Track and administer sales & use tax
• Process corporate credit card activity for accurate expense allocations
• Complete year end 1099’s at year end
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of one year of general ledger, accounts payable and fixed asset or similar experience
• Experience using Financial Management software and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills as well as excellent organizational abilities
Why do you want to work here? STARS is the wholly owned subsidiary for Advanced Radiology Services. Our goal is to support the practice so our physicians can provide the highest level of service to our patients and health care partners. We are passionate about this mission! We work hard but we are also committed to improving the lives of our employees through ongoing culture and wellness initiatives. Come see for yourself why it’s a great place to work.
Apply for this position here: Accountant