Who we are: Advanced Radiology Services, serving over 20 hospitals and facilities in western and central Michigan, is one of the largest physician-owned radiology practices in the country. Our growing practice includes 144 radiologists and 29 advanced practice providers. ARS is the exclusive radiology provider to West Michigan’s largest Level I trauma center and research hospital, Spectrum Health.
What we are looking for: The Coding Auditor will use established coding principles and procedures to review, analyze and code diagnostic and/or procedural information from the patient’s medical record for reimbursement/billing purposes. This position may work remotely with occasional on site meetings required.
- Audit radiology reports for coding accuracy on a weekly basis
- Make necessary corrections in the coding system (Optum) as a result of internal/external audit findings
- Review dictated radiology reports and apply appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes; utilize paper coding when necessary
- Maintain pended document queues and ensure timely release of pended documents
- Provide back up support to research coders
- Attend bi-weekly coding meetings to maintain current coding knowledge and understand changes to coding rules
- Make necessary corrections in the billing system (Healthpac) for coding errors found via internal or external coding audit process.
- Assist coding supervisor with coder/physician education as needed
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Some college or additional coursework in Accounting, Business, Healthcare Administration or Medical Billing/Coding required, CPC and RCC certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Two years of professional coding experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with coding and medical billing systems
Why do you want to work here? STARS is the wholly owned subsidiary for Advanced Radiology Services. Our goal is to support the practice so our physicians can provide the highest level of service to our patients and health care partners. We are passionate about this mission! We work hard but we are also committed to improving the lives of our employees through ongoing culture and wellness initiatives. Come see for yourself why it’s a great place to work.
Apply here: Coding Auditor