Who we are: Advanced Radiology Services, serving over 20 hospitals and facilities in western and central Michigan, is one of the largest physician-owned radiology practices in the country. Our growing practice includes 144 radiologists and 29 advanced practice providers. ARS is the exclusive radiology provider to West Michigan’s largest Level I trauma center and research hospital, Spectrum Health.
What we are looking for: The Medical Biller / Insurance Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for working rejected claims from all insurances regarding diagnostic or procedural code denials and maintaining the accounts receivable for the assigned/designated insurances.
• Review and process correspondence from assigned insurance companies regarding diagnostic and procedure code denials.
• Work rejections for insurance companies regarding diagnostic and procedure code denials.
• Contact insurance companies for verification of claim status and clarification of denials.
• Work delinquent claims in regards to diagnostic and procedure code denials for insurance companies that are aged.
• Conduct necessary claim appeals to insurance companies, adhering to the appeals process of the assigned insurance company.
• File appeals if refund requests are disputable.
• Thoroughly document all actions taken on patient account in the history.
• Document, retain and report files of all common trends of rejections for assigned insurance companies to the supervisor.
• Identify and report billing process and system errors, including coding, date entry, payment posting to the supervisor.
• HS Diploma or GED equivalent required
• Some college or additional coursework in Medical Billing/Coding required, CPC or RCC certification preferred but will consider work experience in lieu of certification
• Thorough knowledge of anatomy, medical terminology, ICD-10, CPT and modifier codes
• Minimum of two years of medical billing and coding experience
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong computer skills including billing/coding systems and intermediate Excel skills
Why do you want to work here? STARS is the wholly owned subsidiary for Advanced Radiology Services. Our goal is to support the practice so our physicians can provide the highest level of service to our patients and health care partners. We are passionate about this mission! We work hard but we are also committed to improving the lives of our employees through ongoing culture and wellness initiatives. Come see for yourself why it’s a great place to work.
Apply here: Coding/Insurance Reimbursement Specialist